PROCEDURES RECIPROCAL GREEN LANE (RGL) FOR CROSS BORDER MOVEMENT BETWEEN MALAYSIA & SINGAPORE
|TRAVELLING FROM SINGAPORE TO MALAYSIA
All nationalities who are legally residents in Singapore , who need to make single-entry essential travel including for business and official purposes in Malaysia
- Maximum period of stay: 14 days
- Travellers must have remained in Singapore for at least 14 days prior to departure to Malaysia
- Travellers should monitor their health status before leaving Singapore
- Travellers will bear the cost of COVID-19 PCR test
- Travellers must install, register and activate MySejahtera mobile application before departure.
- For travel between airports in Malaysia and Singapore which have available non-stop flight routes, as well as via land border crossings between Malaysia and Singapore.
- Travellers who require visa to enter Malaysia will have to obtain the visa before travelling to Malaysia.
Sponsoring enterprise / government agency in Malaysia shall apply on behalf of the applicant:
- The sponsor applies for MyTravelPass (MTP) online ( https://mtp.imi.gov.my ) at least 10-working day before departure
- Sponsor to provide traveller’s certificate of having tested negative via COVID-19 PCR test (test to be taken at least within 72 hours before departure
- Documents and information to be provided by sponsor for online application:
- letter of invitation
- traveller’s passport copy
- traveller’s business/ official tentative program
- traveller’s proof of non-residential accommodation
b) MTP (approval) will be issued (via e-mail) 24 hours before departure date.
Arrival in Malaysia
- Transport from airport / land crossing to declared non-residential accommodation to be provided by the sponsor (i.e. the receiving enterprise / government agency in Malaysia).
- Travellers must check-in to MySejahtera mobile application upon arrival at respective point of entry.
- Travellers to present passport, MTP Approval and COVID-19 PCR test result during immigration clearance at point of entry.
- To undertake a COVID-19 PCR/ RTK-Antigen test at point of entry (applicable only for KLIA, KLIA2 and Penang International Airport) or within 24 hours post-arrival in Malaysia (at any other points of entry), at own cost:
- If tested positive for COVID-19 test : he / she promptly accorded the necessary medical treatment by the Government of Malaysia
- If tested negative for COVID-19 test : the sponsor / government agency will follow their controlled itinerary in Malaysia.
- *While waiting for the test result, travellers are required to self-isolate and adhere to the health guidelines set by Ministry of Health Malaysia. Upon testing negative, travellers are required to visit the nearest government health facility to be released from their temporary self-isolation order.
- All travellers are subjected to effective immigration procedures, rules and regulations during immigration clearance at point of entry.
Returning to Singapore
- Travellers are not required to undertake pre-return COVID-19 test before departure to Singapore.
- Travellers will be subjected to the prevailing health policy for incoming travellers upon return to Singapore.
- APPLICATION FOR RECIPROCAL GREEN LANE (RGL) BY CITIZENS AND PERMANENT RESIDENTS OF MALAYSIA TO SINGAPORE
- Citizens and permanent residents of Malaysia who need to make single-entry essential travel including for business and official purposes in Singapore, please refer to Singapore’ SafeTravel website at https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg
- REQUIREMENT FOR CITIZENS AND PERMANENT RESIDENTS OF MALAYSIA RETURNING TO MALAYSIA UPON COMPLETION OF TRAVEL UNDER RGL
- Travellers are not required to undertake pre-return COVID-19 test before departure to Malaysia.
- Travellers will be subjected to the prevailing health policy for incoming travellers upon return to Malaysia.
- A non-Malaysian traveller is required to bear the cost of Covid-19 test before arrival in Malaysia. Please refer to URL link below to make payment. https://safetravel.myeg.com.my