PROCEDURES ON APPLICATION ENTRY INTO MALAYSIA FOR FOREIGNERS / PERMANENT RESIDENT
Foreigners who wish to enter Malaysia with purpose of :
- Permanent Resident (PR)
- Official and Business (meeting, conference and others) and
- Social visit purpose : compassionate ground (critically ill / emergency / death).
Any foreigner who has obtained MTP approval under Social Visit or Official and Business category are not permitted to convert their existing Social Visit Pass to an Employment Pass and other categories under Expatriate Services Division (ESD) while in Malaysia.
OTHER PURPOSES SUCH AS HOLIDAY OR FAMILY VISIT IS NOT PERMITTED
|APPLICATION PROCESS AND BEFORE DEPARTURE INTO MALAYSIA
Application to be made through online https://mtp.imi.gov.my/myTravelPass/main
Applicant needs to provide the following documents:-
- Passport copy (passport must be valid)
- Letter of invitation by relevant Agency/ Company
- Death certificate / Letter from doctor
- Copy of latest movement endorsement/stamp (for Permanent Resident only)
- Related supporting documents
Application will be rejected if applicant failed to provide above documents.
Applicant must install, register and activate MySejahtera mobile application before departure.
Applicant must undergo COVID-19 PCR test three(3) days or 72 hours before departure to Malaysia.
ARRIVING IN MALAYSIA
Upon arrival in Malaysia, applicant needs to comply to the following procedures :-
- Travellers must present passport and MTP Approval during immigration clearance at Point of Entry;
- Travellers will be subjected to health screening at the Point of Entry
- Travellers will be subjected to the quarantine period set by the relevant agency and cost will be fully borne by applicant.
- All travelers are subjected to effective immigration procedures, rules and regulation during immigration clearance at point of entry. Applicant who fails to comply will be denied entry.
- Entry into Malaysia is subject to approval and Immigration's vetting. The approval is not given automatically.
- Approval granted is only for SINGLE JOURNEY. Applicants who wishes to exit the country DO NOT need to apply for permission to leave the country.
- If the Applicant gives incorrect / inaccurate information, amendment cannot be made and applicant has to re-apply the application.
- Application will be processed in 14 working days. Application status can be checked through https://mtp.imi.gov.my/myTravelPass/semakan
- Any enquiry could be made through http://eapp.imi.gov.my/spo
- Submission of fraudulent documents, stern action will be taken under the Immigration Act 1959/63, including not permitted to enter Malaysia and will be listed under Immigrations' ‘suspected list’.
- A non-Malaysian applicant is required to bear the cost of Covid-19 test and quarantine charges before arrival in Malaysia. Please refer to URL link below to make payment. https://safetravel.myeg.com.my