PROCEDURES ON APPLICATION ENTRY INTO MALAYSIA FOR FOREIGNERS / PERMANENT RESIDENT
Foreigners who wish to enter Malaysia with purpose of :
- Permanent Resident (PR) (for those who had movement in/out of the country during MCO period)
- Official and Business (meeting, conference and others)
- Social visit purpose : compassionate ground (medical / emergency and death); and
- Any foreigner who has obtained MTP approval on Social Visit Pass cannot convert their existing Social Visit Pass to an Employment Pass and other categories under Expatriate Services Division (ESD) while in Malaysia.
FOR PURPOSE OF HOLIDAY AND SOCIAL VISIT IS NOT ALLOWED
|APPLICATION PROCESS AND BEFORE DEPARTURE INTO MALAYSIA
Applicant applies for MyTravel Pass (MTP) online at https://mtp.imi.gov.my
Applicant needs to provide the following documents:-
- Passport copy
- Letter of invitation / Letter of appointment
- Death certificate / Letter from doctor
- Copy of latest movement endorsement/stamp (for Permanent Resident only)
- Related supporting document
- Application will be rejected if applicant failed to provide above documents.
- Notification of application will be sent to applicant’s email address.
- Applicant must install, register and activate MySejahtera mobile application before departure.
ARRIVING IN MALAYSIA
Upon arrival in Malaysia, applicant needs to comply to the following procedures :-
- Travellers must present passport and MTP Approval during immigration clearance at Point of Entry;
- Travellers will be subjected to health screening at the Point of Entry
- Travellers will be subjected to the quarantine period set by the relevant agency and cost will be fully borne by applicant.
- All travelers are subjected to effective immigration procedures, rules and regulation during immigration clearance at point of entry. Applicant who fails to comply will be denied entry.
- Approval granted is only for SINGLE JOURNEY. Foreign traveller who wishes to exit the country DO NOT need to apply for permission to leave the country.
- A non-Malaysian traveller is required to bear the cost of Covid-19 test and quarantine charges before arrival in Malaysia. Please refer to URL link below to make payment. https://safetravel.myeg.com.my